Maybe



by

Obododimma Oha

Maybe God reads the stupid things that I write and likes them. Maybe, because of that, the Almighty changed His mind on recalling me, postponing the return, and allowed me to live on here.

Maybe God likes it when I like the other person created by Him and I grant the person his or her right. Maybe He likes it when all persons are treated fairly, equally, and justly. Maybe He likes it when "my people" changes to "our people."

Maybe God likes it when prejudices dissolve and humans live in love on earth. Maybe He does not like it when the complexion of one's skin, the language that one speaks, one's religion, and where one comes from, determine how one is  treated.

Maybe God likes it that we see every person as coming from Him. Maybe. Maybe He likes it when we see Him in action in the other person. Maybe God likes it that we like Him by liking the other.

Maybe God likes it when I stop behaving as if I no longer go to toilet or that I have become immortal. Maybe He likes it when I am natural, when I am really myself and do not live a life of falsehood.

Maybe God likes it when my education is shown to be better than not having gone to school, when enlightenment is not worse than ignorance. Maybe He likes it when being educated is not just being able to read and write nonsense. Maybe he likes it when the the educated is really educated, refined, noble, admirable, knowing things, knowing more, doing things, ready, able, just. Maybe He likes it that way.

Maybe God likes it when I desist from using Him, especially in making money. Maybe He does not like it one bit when carrying the holy book does not mean that I represent Him or can do good things. Maybe He does not like it when He is associated with lies or is made a liar.

Maybe God is greater and much bigger than any holy book, neither can He be narrated fully in it. Maybe He cannot be booked, but books can only catch a little glimpse of Him. Maybe God cannot be that recorded by humans.

Maybe no temple can contain the Almighty. No wonder He does not live  in houses built with human hands. Maybe God is still God and not a house. Maybe God cannot be housed. God has to be God, always; maybe.

Maybe God does not like being turned to a domestic servant or just an errand person. Maybe He dislikes being commanded.

Maybe He does not like being made a personal property. Maybe He does not like it at all.

Maybe He does not like it when He is chased away because He is wearing rags but the governor who is well-dressed but a crook is given the microphone to talk nonsense and waste people's time.

Maybe God does not like cheating and being cheated. Maybe He likes being straightforward and clear. Maybe God hates being crooked and misusing the device called "mind." Maybe He wants the mind to be used rightly, not planning crimes and how to do evil.

Maybe God likes to remain God, always.

Maybe.

Comments